Popular Posts

Monday, January 19, 2015

Just a little redecorating to lighten the mood!

So funny little story.

Apparently the other night, while under the influence of a little too much adult beverage, I remember thinking that there were too many pictures of my husband and I in my living room.   In that state of mind I apparently just couldn't have that.

For whatever reason this prompted me to play a little game.  Keep in mind it was somewhere between two and four in the morning and it was a solo game, but either way, I found it amusing to find creative ways to cover up the pictures.  I couldn't lay them down, flip them over, or put them away.  I found unique items in my home to redecorate the areas in a way that made it almost look accidental that one, or both of us were blocked from the view.   My personal favorite was a couple of gnomes I had... I lined them up next to one another and made them look like they were having a staring contest.  This particular arrangement blocked our wedding photo perfectly.  I made them do a little dance as I pushed them into the perfect spot to mock/block the photo.

Anyway, long story short, I found it amusing and I left them all there.

My husband who came over tonight to bring food, because apparently no one thinks I have been eating these days, which on a side note is really annoying because I eat plenty, I am just loosing weight because I have been really active... anyways, he did not find my little game funny.  He saw it when he first came in and I found it even more funny that he pretended not to have seen it.  I watched him stare at the gnomes in particular and then look at where they used to be like maybe they hopped on over there themselves.  (Please don't judge me for having gnomes.  I actually hate them, but the one is an Ohio State gnome and I am certain he is good luck even though I purchased him as a joke, and the other one my grandfather had carved at some point and I found it in his workshop after he died and adopted him. I am really not a weirdo I swear.)  It took my husband another good twenty minutes before he grew a pair and inquired about my new decor.  He didn't find my drunken game amusing and he made a point to make sure I knew about it.  So as he was leaving, I made the one gnome who was blocking Jim in the photo turn around and shake his tushy at Jim as he was leaving.  Again, my humor isn't received well these days.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment